The business is growing faster than ever and we are looking for someone who can develop with us and help expand the business while keeping to our independent values. Working closely with the General Manager the Assistant Manager will lead the team in excellent customer service standards and keeping Bean & Hop a welcoming and enjoyable place for our customers. Your role will be to lead and organise a busy service, carry out staff training, ordering and quality control. The successful candidate will have a close relationship with our Roastery, Nude Espresso and will look to expand our range of brewing techniques and impart knowledge on speciality coffee to the rest of the staff. A hands-on approach is very much encouraged from someone with genuine passion and enthusiasm for coffee, beer and food.
This role is ideal for someone looking to build their career within a growing business. We offer fantastic in-house and external training in: coffee brewing and cuppings, craft beer brewing and wine tasting. Our staff frequently visit London breweries, and distilleries as well as enjoying free tickets to London Coffee festival and our Beer and Wine tastings held at Bean & Hop.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least three years Barista experience working with specialist coffee and at least one year in a supervisory role
- Good motivational and communication skills, and a track record of fantastic customer service
- A good grasp of grind control, espresso extraction, latte art and different brewing techniques
- A passion for quality, a professional, ambitious and industrious personality with strong leadership qualities
- Excellent communicator and must be fluent in English
What the ideal candidate will gain from this role:
- Competitive salary
- In-house and external training
- Direct creative input into the running of the business
- Potential future profit share bonuses
- 28 days paid holiday
- We are looking for someone to start immediately and will be expected to work 5 days a week, including weekends.
To apply, send your CV / Cover Letter to email@example.com
Look forward to hearing from you!